Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year New Me


So, I almost decided to throw in the towel on this thing when I realized that I just don't have the time or energy to fit in a regular compelling article. I actually even asked my poor sweet boyfriend to help motivate me to write over the past few months and then in true girl fashion would sneer at him when he reminded me I hadn't written in a while. However, I've come to the conclusion, I'm okay with mediocrity if you are! Thanks for hangin' in there boyfriend and readers....if you are still out there? Hello?

Happy New Year All! How many resolutions have you made and broken already? :) I had some tried and true ones this year like shed 10 pounds, eat healthier and walk the dog more frequently, among other more unique ones such as repair the heater in my car and stop procrastinating writing my patients' progress notes.

I'm actually feeling pretty motivated in the physical fitness department (this is something worthy of writing home about for me, FYI). I EVEN got myself a personal trainer and signed a contract for a year with them. Laugh it up, I'm a sucker for a good marketing ploy and another monthly charge on my credit card, apparently.

I also dyed my hair brunette for the probably tenth consecutive winter in a row. (I'll be blonde again by February, you can put your babysitting money on it folks.)

Anyone else have a resolution they are particularly enthused about?

Until next time, I leave you with a new favorite song of mine. The boyfriend and I had the pleasure of seeing Florence and the Machine along with some other awesome bands like The Naked and the Famous and Cage the Elephant over the holidays. Happy listening lovely ladies!

1 comment:

  1. You're back! Must see you and your new hair immediately!

    ReplyDelete